How does proofreading differ from revising or editing a paper? A short video explains the importance of proofreading and offers a few key strategies to help writers become better proofreaders. The video contains think-alouds to help explain each strategy.
- Pair learners and have them proofread the same paper, then compare the issues they found
- Write a sample paper that contains common errors and practice proofreading the paper as a class
- Pause the video when large blocks of text appear on the screen to give viewers time to read
- Includes student models to help demonstrate the strategies in use
- Shares multiple ways to implement the process
- Text appears somewhat grainy on the screen