This Qualities of a Strong Literary Essay lesson plan also includes:
Put it all into words. Scholars work toward writing an argumentative essay. They begin by examining and marking strong words in Are We Medieval? A Literary Argument Essay Prompt. Learners then use Qualities of a Strong Literary Argument Essay anchor chart to discover what makes a strong essay before examining a model essay as a reference for expectations.
- Provide different colors of pens/pencils for coding the model essay
- Part 9 of 16 in Grade 6 ELA Module 2B Unit 2
- Requires that students complete the lessons in order
- Lists activities to complete prior to the lesson (prepare questions, coding guide, etc.)
- Includes completed graphic organizers for teacher reference
- Uses coding paragraphs for visual learners