This Ratifying the Constitution lesson plan also includes:
Ratifying the Constitution was no simple task. Using primary sources, such as classic writings from the Federalists and Anti-Federalists, young scholars examine the arguments for and against the Constitution. They then decide: Would they have been convinced?
- Create a WebQuest using the suggested documents and prompts
- Use research to ask learners to write essays about the ratification of the Constitution
- Class members need computer access to view the documents
- Prompts can be given independently or collaboratively
- Easy to extend learning in a variety of ways, such as through a debate or essay
- Most links are dead, but documents can be easily found online