This Reading Closely for Textual Details: "And I am willing to lay down all my joys in this life..." unit also includes:
Look closely, some details are hidden! Scholars learn how to find attributes by first examining characteristics in illustrations and then move to locating details in text with close reading. The teacher models good practices for recognizing specific elements in pieces of work. Finally, readers discuss text with the class and write sentences giving their analyses of the text.
- Create a private chat group for learners to discuss their independent tasks
- Contains five parts to complete in order
- Some parts require equipment to view videos
- Offers guidance for teaching struggling readers
- Includes extended reading if needed