This Reading for Fluency: Readers Theater about the Rainforest (Page 33) lesson plan also includes:
Lights, camera, action. Scholars use page 33 of The Most Beautiful Roof in the World to create a readers theater. They work in triads and use sticky notes to mark and create their own speaking parts from sections of the text. They then watch and give feedback on group performances.
- Discuss the different formats used in nonfiction, plays, and poems
- Lesson 11 of 15 in 5th Grade ELA Module 2a, Unit 2
- Must complete lessons in sequence
- Uses sticky notes and highlighters
- Incorporates poetry with informational text
- Offers a rubric for readers theater