This Researching Facts lesson plan also includes:
How did the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire affect the city's inhabitants? Scholars embark on a quest to discover the answer as they work in small groups to research articles about the event. They finish by completing a jigsaw activity and sharing their findings with another group.
- Accommodate English learners by pairing them with other group members who speak their native language
- Lesson 13 of 14 from the Grade 6 ELA Module 3A, Unit 2 series
- Prepare the research materials for each triad in advance
- Includes tips for meeting the needs of diverse learners
- Provides teaching notes for easy implementation