This Resource Materials and Gathering Information: Reading Another “Choice” Text from the Research Folder lesson plan also includes:
Look it up. Scholars use a dictionary and thesaurus to verify the meaning of the research vocabulary words they defined in the previous lesson. They then use sticky notes to write a synonym for each word. Finally, individuals choose a source from their research folders to read and gather more information for answering their research questions about DDT.
- Have groups sign up for articles to prevent all groups from choosing the same one
- Installment five of 15 in Grade 6 ELA Module 4, Unit 2
- Lessons should be completed consecutively
- Uses a dictionary, thesaurus, and sticky notes
- Provides pupils with a choice for reading
- Includes an outline with suggested times for each activity