This Respect for All Kinds of People Inside and Outside the School lesson plan also includes:
Why is it important to embrace diversity? Scholars explore the topic by learning about the CARE acronym: Collaboration, Acceptance, Respect, Empathy. They also complete a diversity puzzle worksheet and play a collaborative game that builds on teamwork skills.
- Split the class into four groups and have each group create a collage about one aspect of the CARE acronym
- Lesson three from the six-part What Does It Take unit
- Requires an even number of participants for the Untangle Game
- Includes optional follow-up activities
- Targets several performance goals to enhance social and emotional development