Salt is necessary for your diet, but too much or too little and it causes health problems. These problems, as well as what salt does in your body, are the focus of a video that also looks at where salt is found in food and how much salt individuals should be eating.
- Show pupils the nutrition labels on foods and display how much salt each has in piles
- Have scholars track how much salt they are eating every day for a week; allow them to turn this information in individually rather than sharing with the class
- Requires prior knowledge of salt from the previous videos in the series
- Video is the 20th in a series of 21
- Includes a cue to pause and think about a question before continuing the video
- Offers detailed diagrams of the result of eating too much salt on your blood stream