This Same and Different lesson plan also includes:
A take on "If You're Happy and You Know It" opens a lesson about similarities and differences. Scholars speak in-depth on the unique characteristics that make up their classroom. The teacher or counselor records responses. Class members reflect on their discussion.
- Perform the dance dring brain breaks to refresh the mind and body while reminding pupils of the lesson's objective
- Use a Venn diagram to highlight the similarities and differences between peers
- Highlight each response and celebrate it, encourage learners to brainstorm ways they can champion interests that they may not share
- This lesson is the second of three in a series all about friendship
- Develops the social and emotional learning competency, social awareness
- The song gets participants up and moving