This Sending Binary Messages lesson plan also includes:
Pairs build a device that will be able to send a binary message. They then update their device to allow it to send four possible messages before upping the ante to eight. The provided self-assessment rubric comes with reflection questions for the pair — a great skill to practice.
- After the lesson, have class members research binary numbers
- Read the activity guide and determine whether you want to use it, or have more control over the activity by leading it yourself
- Gather various materials in order to build binary devices
- The lesson plan is the second of a series of 19.
- The included video is for teachers; it gives tips and tricks from a real class on how to implement the lesson
- Contains a section that spells out the goal of the activity