What kind of sentence is it? This can be a complex subject, so don't compound the difficulty by skipping over the topic! It's simple, just have your class read and go over the information here and then complete the included exercise.
199 Views 198 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Go through the explanatory page together and have learners label the parts of the sample sentences (independent clauses, coordinating conjunction, etc.)
- Since the exercise is relatively quick, use this as a warm-up activity, a homework assignment, or even an assessment
- While this does apply to a third grade Common Core language standard, the reference element uses language that may be too complex for younger learners
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes both explanation and practice
- Answer key is not provided