This Six Bits of Abiotics lesson plan also includes:
Collect clues and unwrap a mystery in an intriguing study about air pollution and urban forests. Teams share information to explore abiotic interactions and forest health. Scholars create a concept map using newly acquired knowledge and follow up with a discussion to reflect on their collective contributions during the activity.
- Display an example of a completed concept map for class discussion
- Laminate clues ahead of time to save for multiple uses
- Review background information for facilitating a six-bit activity before beginning
- The lesson is the second in a six-part series
- Cooperative learning activity builds problem-solving skills
- Includes clearly defined assessment goals