This Skateboard Deck Graphics lesson plan also includes:
Young artists don't need to be skateboarders to enjoy this assignment. Class members use the provided worksheet to craft 10 sketches that convey action or motion using no more than seven lines. They then select their three best ideas and add additional detail. The best design of the three is then painted on a gessoed, tag board deck.
- If your school permits students to bring skateboards on campus, ask those into the sport to bring in their decks as examples
- Provide interested class members with the contact information for skateboard companies and related websites
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The richly detailed resource includes photos of student samples, the names of skateboard companies, and links to related websites
- No exemplars of professionally produced skateboard designs are included