This Skunk Tag activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Choose two taggers to be the "skunks." Set up five hula hoops in the gym; one in each corner and one in the middle. The hoops in the corners are the safe zones for the players while the middle hoop is the skunk's home. The skunks start in their home and then run around and chase other players in hopes of tagging one. If a person gets tagged, they now become a skunk and the old skunk becomes a runner. Before the new skunk can start tagging, they have to run back to the skunk's home and yell, "New skunk!". Runners can go to a safe zone but only for 10 seconds and there can only be one player in each safe zone at a time.
- Have runners do 10 jumping jacks or another exercise while they are in the safe zone
- Requires five Hula Hoops for the game
- Video is intended for the teacher but can be shown to learners as well
- Allows for continuous running
- Adds a twist on a tag game