This Society Is Like... lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
To introduce the idea of different theoretical views about the nature of society, class members engage in a sociology activity that asks them to create an analogy between society and another concept, and then to explain the parallels.
167 Views 122 Downloads
- Have groups create a visual to accompany their presentation
- The lesson presumes class members have a basic understanding of such sociological perspectives as functionalism, feminism, marxism, etc.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The packet includes questions that ask participants to reflect on the what their analogy reveals about the society they have described
- Best suited to instructors with a strong background in sociological perspectives