This Standard Deviation lesson plan also includes:
Don't be content with just a standard resource on standard deviation. Scholars first take several sets of data with the same mean and identify the median, range, and interquartile range. They then use calculators to determine the standard deviation and investigate how this value relates to the data set.
- Have the class create a graphic organizer summarizing measures of central tendency and measures of variation
- Pupils should already be able to determine mean, median, and range
- Note that the resource does not teach the formula for standard deviation but has learners use graphing calculators or software
- Provides a homework sheet for the lesson
- Lists detailed lesson instructions
- Considers only one situation; other examples would be helpful