This Statistics in the Courts: Crash Course Statistics #40 video also includes:
Innocence hangs by a probability. An intriguing video discusses how statistics affect daily life, specifically in the courts. Looking at three court cases spanning several hundreds of years, the resource recounts how errors in statistics appeared in the cases. The court cases cover treason, death, and expulsion. The resource is the 40th installment in a larger series covering statistics.
- Research other cases where probability caused a conviction
- The class should be aware of the idea of independence
- Individuals need to know how to calculate basic compound probabilities
- Provides specifics for the court cases on the use of statistics
- Contains closed captioning