Keep the leaves on the stem for mathematical success. Using the lengths of telephone call data, an informative video goes through the steps to create a stem-and-leaf plot. The presenter shows how to read and interpret data in a stem-and-leaf plot. The video concludes with an explanation on how to represent decimals on a plot.
- Use the video in a flipped classroom setting
- Challenge pupils to create a stem-and-leaf plot that does not use the number of tens as the stem
- Pupils should know how to describe distributions
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lists the steps to use in making a stem-and-leaf plot
- Includes problems to work