This Step into Statastics lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Class members study the size of classmates' feet and perform a statistical analysis of their data. They solve for central tendencies, quartiles, and spread for the entire group as well as subgroups. They then write a conclusion based on their own understanding of the data and graphs.
- Graph food size versus height and determine if the relationship is linear
- Discuss the pros and cons of both smaller and larger feet
- Relies on prior knowledge of measuring using a ruler, organizing data tables, calculating statistics, creating dot plots and box plots, and interpreting statistics
- Designed for both Common Core and GAISE standards
- Includes answer keys