This Stress: Grades K-2 lesson plan also includes:
Two activities focus on stress—its triggers and tools to manage it. The first activity asks pupils to identify personal stress triggers then practice stress management techniques. The second activity gets scholars up and moving with yoga exercises. A quiz gauges comprehension.
- Use the discussion questions as an intro to the activities
- Invite the school counselor to speak to the class about stress
- Send links to kids yoga videos home to allow participants to practice with their family members
- The discussion of stress and its triggers may cause more stress for some class members; therefore, have guidelines in place to ensure a safe environment to communicate and take necessary steps to help individuals as needed
- Provides extension activities
- It offers two yoga videos