This Study Jams! Mosses and Ferns interactive also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Mosses and ferns are some of the world's oldest types of plants. Here is a quality 10-slide presentation set to gentle background music for beginning botanists to view and enjoy. Accompanying captions explain that these are both non-seed-bearing plants. Further characteristics of mosses include that they are non-vascular, grow in damp soil, and have rhizoids to cling to their growing surface. Details about ferns include that they go through an alternation of generations between the sporophyte and gametophyte forms of the plant. Teachers can print out the slide show pictures with their captions. Students can take an online quiz after seeing the slides. Assign this as homework and ask individuals to turn in a printout of their quiz results.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Slides contain beautiful photographs
- Detailed explanations accompany each slide
- Assessment and key vocabulary provided