This Studying The Holocaust unit also includes:
While many young scholars are familiar with the Holocaust, they may not understand the specific history that led to the unprecedented atrocity. The first lesson in the unit helps teachers gauge their pupils' background knowledge. A second lesson, which centers around an interview with a survivor of Kristallnacht, explores the early days of the Holocaust as the Nazis rose to power. Discussion questions, a 3-2-1 activity, and reflection activities help the teacher evaluate young scholars' understanding of the background of the Holocaust.
- Use discussion questions to gauge learners' background knowledge on the Holocaust before using other lessons included in this series
- First lesson in a longer series on the Holocaust
- Includes two lesson plans in the unit of study
- Use of survivor narrative is powerful and engaging
- Lesson plan is ready to use
- Elements of the plan are adaptable to a variety of interdisciplinary uses