Tip—start with the inner most nested grouping symbol. The resource provides an explanation of the conventional method in nesting grouping symbols and using parentheses, brackets, and braces. The video provides two examples, one involving a fraction bar along with absolute value as symbols of inclusion.
- Lead a discussion on common conventions in mathematics
- The class should be able to operate with integers
- The organization of the grouping symbols is a convention, check to see if it matches with what the class will see on a regular basis
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The examples show several layers of grouping symbols
- Video uses colors to highlight the different types of symbols