This Talking About Race and Racism lesson plan also includes:
Set the stage for discussion in a thought-provoking instructional activity on racism. An informative resource prepares scholars to discuss the history of race and racism with a quiz, vocabulary, and guidelines. Academics discuss topics surrounding racism in the United States by analyzing scenarios and discussing the role of bias and stereotypes that may contribute. Scholars end the instructional activity by writing themselves a letter sharing their feelings.
- Review vocabulary terms before beginning the lesson to ensure all learners understand them
- Arrange for a local activist to speak to the class on how they can help end racism
- Lesson is installment one of a consecutive 10-part series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource covers a difficult topic in a respectful manner
- Easy to adapt for remote learning