This Thank You for Believing in Me lesson plan also includes:
The fourth and final lesson in the Gratitude series has learners craft and deliver a Gratitude Letter to a significant person in their lives. Writers include information about how they benefitted from the attention of the benefactor, an acknowledgment of the cost to the benefactor, and recognition of the benefactor's intent. The unit ends with individuals writing a reflection on why they believe it is important to express gratitude in relationships.
- Encourage class members to craft their own holiday cards following the format of the Gratitude Letter
- The fourth and final lesson in the Gratitude Curriculum series
- Requires a copy of Patricia Polacco's Thank You, Mr. Falker
- Set aside extra prep time to prepare and copy materials
- Includes a template for the Gratitude Letter for a post-letter reflection