Ever wonder why we classify species? Biology pupils discover how scientists grouped organisms in the five kingdom classification system through an animated Fuse School video on Evolution. The narrator shows examples of each kingdom, then tells what it takes to belong in that particular category.
- Use the resource to introduce classification to your Biology I class
- Have class members make a graphic organizer as they watch the video, adding details as they go
- The resource is appropriate for learners just beginning to study taxonomy
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video is very detailed in describing similarities and differences between kingdoms
- Content includes important historical facts about taxonomy and the development of this system
- The resource does not reflect the currently accepted six-kingdom system of classification