This The ABCs of the Three Little Pigs lesson plan also includes:
Promote sentence variety through an engaging writing activity. First, read through a plain version of Cinderella and discuss what makes it so boring, focusing on sentence structure and beginnings. Then, read a more exciting version and examine the reasons this story is more successful. The final product will be a series of 26-sentence stories that creatively tap into different structures in order to include every letter from A-Z.
- Allow class members to choose a fairy tale to rewrite; the beginning of each sentence should start with a different letter, following alphabetical order
- Connect with your unit on fairy tales or short story elements
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes the two model stories
- Encourages your class to write attentively and observe sentence structure