This The Aztec Myth of the Unlikeliest Sun God video also includes:
How did the sun arrive in the sky? Learners watch a short film that describes the myth of Nanahuatl, a weak Aztec god who sacrificed himself to become the fifth sun for his people.
29 Views 29 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have class members create a spread sheet to compare the elements found in various creation myths
- Have groups consider the cultural values represented by the story of Nanahuati
- Reflects the attempts to reconstruct an understanding of pre-conquest Aztec society
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The myth stresses the importance of behavior over appearance