This The Civil War: Lincoln’s Speeches lesson plan also includes:
Abraham Lincoln is responsible for uniting the states during the most tumultuous periods in American history, and for his elegant oratory that kept the Union believing in its cause. Young histoians analyze various speeches by America's 16th president to uncover how they impacted the Civil War.
- Divide class into teams to research one specific Lincoln speech and present to the class
- Place laminated copies of Lincoln's speeches around the room prior to the lesson, and see which speech learners consider the most powerful
- The fifth installment of an eight-part series
- Resource provides printable worksheets and materials for classroom use
- Includes primary and secondary information on the speeches