Was Earth born as a Blue Planet? Discover where water came from with a video from an intriguing science playlist. The resource covers the three most likely origins of water, how scientists differentiate between comet and asteroid water, and why the space-wide search for it is so very important.
- Include the resource in a lesson about early Earth or astrobiology
- Before showing the video, ask the class how they think water came to Earth
- Review the distribution of water on Earth if pupils have not considered this information recently
- Make sure the class understands the concept of isotopes prior to viewing the resource
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The narrator is very upbeat and thoroughly explains the difficult concepts
- Diagrams help convey how water condensed despite the harsh conditions on early Earth