Is it possible for another flu outbreak like the Spanish Flu in 1918? A video lesson explains the factors that affect the spread of a virus and its effect on a population. The narrator describes the structure of the different virus strains and how humans attempt to control their spread.
- Incorporate during a unit on viruses
- Have pupils sketch different versions of flu viruses as shown in the video
- Expects a basic understanding of virus structure
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers a subscription to get notifications of future videos
- Includes links to reference for further study