This The History of Chemical Engineering: Crash Course Engineering #5 video also includes:
The American Revolution: the catalyst for the development of chemical engineering. Scholars watch an informative video that describes the history of chemical engineering, beginning with France's need to produce soda ash as a result of a blockade of the Americas, their main source of the substance. The fifth of 46 videos in the Crash Course Engineering playlist also covers the Leblanc process, the first chemical engineering textbooks, unit operations in factories, and renewable energy resources.
- Team up with a chemistry teacher for the lesson
- Provide some cloze notes for the class to fill in as they watch the video
- Learners need to have basic chemistry knowledge
- Graphics aid in understanding concepts
- Explanations and descriptions are thorough and concise