A visit to Washington, DC inspired Congressman John Lewis; a video visit to Congress and the Constitutional Convention just might inspire your learners. Using an intriguing video, viewers learn why and how the Founding Fathers created a legislative branch and explores the role it plays in the American government today. A hypothetical soda bill demonstrates to scholars how the first branch of the government works and interacts with the public.
- Use the video in class to celebrate Constitution Day
- Develop discussion questions to help learners explore the role of the legislative branch
- Does not require any background knowledge of the government and its branches
- Dramatic readings from the Founding Fathers and interviews with current political figures engage pupils' interest
- Real-life examples break down complicated legal principles for individuals