This The President's Message: Franklin D. Roosevelt lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Decipher Franklin D. Roosevelt's message to Congress concerning a declaration of war on December 11, 1941. Learners analyze the message through a close reading and a series of text-dependent questions. Specific directions are provided, and it is very clear how many times to read the text and when to ask the provided questions.
- Connect the activity between social studies and language arts
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The message is included and has academic vocabulary defined on the page
- A strong Common Core designed resource that will aid readers in understanding the text and the power of word choice