This The Revolutionary Times as Seen Through the Eyes of Women lesson plan also includes:
The role of women before and during the American Revolution changed dramatically. To gain an understanding of these changes, middle schoolers analyze primary source documents, including letters from women that supported the patriot cause and from loyalists.
- Have groups research how the role of women in times of conflict has changed from Revolutionary times, during the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, Vietnam, and in the Middle East conflicts
- Project an image of the painting of Nancy Morgan Hart
- Third of three lessons in the Colonial and Revolution series
- Requires copies of four letters and a projectable image of the painting of Nancy Morgan Hart
- The plan is richly detailed and carefully scaffolded
- Includes discussion questions as well as a rubric for the final assessment