This The Ring Fling Machine lab resource also includes:
Class members build a machine to demonstrate Lenz's law and help this scientific principle come to life. After building a ring fling machine, instructions for properly operating the machine and a few thought-provoking questions lead to immediate classroom application.
- Test additional metal rings, predicting their results before using the machine
- Requires a considerable amount of time to build the machine before students can use it
- Relies on prior knowledge of Faraday's law of induction, Lenz's law, and Newton's third law
- Offers excellent step-by-step directions, including when to take a snack break while building the machine
- Provides photos of many of the steps to help builders stay on track