Attract learners to science by studying largest magnet in the galaxy. The video explains why the sun is technically a magnet and how the magnetic fields causes solar storms. It also covers the effects of solar storms on the earth such as power outages and the aurora borealis.
- Introduce the video by asking how often students think the sun throws giant balls of plasma at Earth
- Use the articles and videos from the notes section to go more in depth about the sun
- Anticipate inappropriate language, bad science, and science skeptics in the comment section
- The 12th video in a series of 22
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Works well in both traditional or flipped classrooms
- Provides high-quality graphics