This The Symbolism of Castle's Bedroom in Ghost lesson plan also includes:
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
To conclude a unit study of Jason Reynold's Ghost, class members examine how Castle's feeling about his bedroom change over the course of the novel. Groups use the provided graphic organizer to identify the plot of the novel and then use the information to craft a response to the essay prompt.
- Investigate and post a list of on and off-campus resources available for those experiencing domestic violence
- Designed to follow the PBS resource "The Symbolism of Sneakers in Ghost"
- One of four PBS resources focuses on Reynold's award-winning young adult novel
- Sign up for a free PBS account to access resources
- Directing readers' attention to three specific passages from the novel provides the necessary scaffolding for the culminating essay