This The True History of Voting Rights lesson plan also includes:
Explore what voting rights really are in an intriguing lesson that explores the history of American voting. The resource examines the timeline of voting rights in the United States with group discussions, hands-on-activities, and handouts. Scholars learn a detailed history of how voting rights have been expanded over time, as well as how voters have been suppressed in the past.
- Ask learners questions to gauge how much they understand about voting rights
- Discuss ways in which voter suppression is still happening
- Requires advanced preparation of some materials
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource includes adaptations for remote learning
- Lesson provides links for national voting data to reinforce information