This The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing audio also includes:
Writers may mistake the lesson in Aesop's 107-word fable as a wolf in sheep's clothing because it's so much fun! All about a wolf that disguises himself as a sheep to prey on those within a flock, individuals discuss the theme of appearances with the passage that scored a 7.7 on the Flesch-Kincaid readability scale. The post-reading idiom activity investigates the meaning of words as the author uses them in context.
- Extend instruction by having pupils identify more idioms in the English language and explain them
- Do readers agree with Aesop's theme that appearances can be deceptive? Hold a class debate
- If using the audio feature, have learners bring earbuds with them to class
- Idioms within the post-reading activity are great for English learners
- Like others in the extensive set of fables, the 107-word audiobook recording differentiates the passage for all readers
- Does not provide a rubric for the writing activity