There's something to look forward to in 2021 or 2022! Although the actual event occurred almost 2,000 years ago, the appearance of a new star will become evident from Earth in a few short years. The video instructor from the solar system playlist explains how the collision of two dim stars formed the new star.
- Research different views of the night sky as it has changed over the years
- Create a timeline of the events discussed in the video lesson
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary with textual references
- Discusses the scientific principles leading to changes in the night sky