This Things to Do On My First Day In Office lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What's it like to be mayor for a day? Elementary historians use their imaginations to describe what they would do as mayor and why. Academics create a list of ideas, share in small groups, and create a master list of suggestions with the whole class. Scholars also participate in group discussion to understand the qualifications for mayor and ways mayors can improve their communities.
- Arrange for the local mayor to speak to the class about their roles and responsibilities
- Guide a group discussion on ways young scholars can impact their community
- Installment six of a seven-part series, the lessons can be completed in any order
- Lesson involves learners in the local community
- Resource provides extension activities to reinforce academic learning