This Tire and Wheel Assemblies lesson plan also includes:
When it's time to upgrade to bigger wheels and tires, is your class up to the challenge? Aspiring automotive technologists create and use a formula to calculate the diameter of a tire and wheel assembly in an upbeat career and technology lesson plan. Scholars get hands-on experience with the assemblies to practice reading tire designations and ensure compatibility with vehicles.
- Take the Grandma's Ride activity further by having the class locate a picture of wheels and tires that meet the specifications that they calculated
- Have a variety of tires available so learners can practice using the information on them to determine their sizes
- Locate a 255/70 R 15 tire for a hands-on demo tool; be sure to adjust the student calculations if you don't have this size on hand
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Content is practical and engaging
- The presentation is nicely done and easy to follow