This Tracing a Speaker’s Argument: John Stossel DDT Video lesson plan also includes:
Which side are you on? Scholars watch a video of John Stossel discussing the use of DDT pesticide. Learners talk about the purpose of the video and the speaker's argument and then complete a Tracing an Argument graphic organizer while identifying supporting evidence.
- Allow pupils to create a debate about the use of DDT
- Lesson three of 13 in Grade 6 ELA Module 4, Unit 1
- Complete lessons in order
- Includes watching a video from YouTube
- Incorporates reading with environmental issues
- Analyzes a different type of media (video) based on the same topic as the text