Ideas don't naturally flow from one to another. They need transitions to help them connect. Part of a larger Writing the Paper series, the resource introduces writers to the concept of using transitions in their writing. Topics covered include types of transitions, key expressions, and paragraph organization.
- Remove transitions from a sample essay and practice writing new transitions to replace them
- During peer editing, highlight any transitions included in the paper to make clear where connections are missing
- Print the table on the last page as a reference
- Offers a list of guidelines to help identify if transitions need work
- Links to additional resources on organization in writing
- Lacks examples of transitions to effectively explain the concept