This Translations lesson plan also includes:
Use a translation to create a three-dimensional drawing. Scholars first use patty paper to draw translations and then learn how to apply vectors to locate a translation. They use their understanding of the vector translation to draw three-dimensional figures.
- Have learners record a summary of the activity and a list of properties of translations
- Requires patty paper and colored pencils
- Builds on the previous lesson of the series that introduces all transformations
- Includes a teaching guide complete with a lesson map
- Reinforces geometric vocabulary and notation throughout the lesson