For 30 years, Long John Silver has sailed the seas. An eBook version of Treasure Island introduces readers to the tales Long John Silver has to tell. This 1883 version of the text includes an introduction to encourage critical thinking and analysis.
- Read the poem at the beginning of the novel and discuss how it sets the scene
- Refer back to the map while reading to help pinpoint the location of key events in the text
- Make sure the eBook loads and appears properly on classroom devices before reading
- Offers page-by-page navigation and the ability to view as one page or two pages
- Includes a table of contents and other text features, such as illustrations
- Yellowed background and other signs of aging may make it difficult to view on some devices