This Trees of the Midwest unit also includes:
All trees are not created equal. A set of three wildlife conservation lessons has learners examine the characteristics of individual trees. They look at the life cycle of the tree using a story and reference a field guide to identify trees native to the Midwest region.
- Have pupils bring in leaf samples to practice classifying
- Expects a basic understanding of the parts of a plant
- Requires time for collecting and preparing materials
- Includes a simplified field guide
- Provides a sample answer key