This Using Multiple Resources of Information: Creating a Cascading Consequences Chart about DDT and Practicing a Fishbowl Discussion lesson plan also includes:
For every action there is a consequence. Scholars continue their work on creating a cascading consequence chart about DDT using Welcome Back, The Exterminator, Rachel Carson: Sounding the Alarm on Pollution along with graphic organizers for the John Stossel video. They sort facts about DDT into harmful and beneficial groups. To finish, they participate in a fishbowl discussion about their work.
- Have learners create a timeline of consequences from the use of DDT
- Lesson 10 of 13 in Grade 6 ELA Module 4, Unit 1
- Requires completing the installments consecutively
- Video used for the assessment is no longer available but other videos on DDT can be used instead
- Lists focus words for the lesson
- Includes a time outline for the activities